• Moroccan unemployment rate : 10% on average according to USAID. Dec 2020 statistics.
• Jobless Moroccan youth : 22% approximately one third of Morocco’s total population of 35 million.
Merit Academy is a separate training cycles organized in collaboration with high level national and international partners. The project aims to:
• Alleviate youth unemployment by bridging the gap between the needs for expertise in the labor market and the skills of young job seekers
A connected network of motivated young leaders in the making Partnership with international organizations.
More than 200 applicant on the two training cycles in less than 48 hours.
World Merit Casablanca
Gandaki Rural Municipality Enlightenment
Providing financial literacy education, medical camps, Technical skills training, and sustainable development awareness to rural villages across Nepal.
• Nepal’s literacy rate in 2018 was 67.91%. (www.macrotrends.net)
• Most of the illiteracy rates are from rural areas
With this project (two-day training) we aim to educate/ raise awareness of the people of the rural municipality at least in 4 areas namely:
• Sustainable Development Goals
• Financial Literacy: 300+ beneficiaries
• Technical education: 40+ beneficiaries
• Health awareness and medical camp: 300+ beneficiaries
• Session on Sustainable development: 300+ beneficiaries
World Merit Pokhara
A series of in-person trainings for women and girls in tech and gender empowerment.
• There is a huge learning gap in students having access to digital skills.
• This project is important to improve education equality and access to lucrative 21st century digital skills for students
• Safe school is created to provide access to educational resources and digital skills training to secondary school students in Nigeria as a lucrative source of income generation
• We are also educating them on the UN SDGs and how to be change agents in their communities
• Partner with SDGsAct and moms in tech
• Safe school is to run for 4 weeks (pilot phase)
• Create freelancing opportunities to market the gained digital skills for income generation
• 2 major Nigerian state as target location
• 200 students directly benefited
World Merit Nigeria
Merit Youth Development Academy (MYDA)
An online learning platform that provides the following programs: Youth Industry Leader Initiative & Changemakers Leadership Skills
• The COVID-19’s negative impact on the job market is most clearly felt by youths
• Youth unemployment has skyrocketed
• Youth unemployment is 3 times higher than adults' unemployment
Meriters Youth Development Academy (MYDA) was created to address the issue of youth unemployment by providing:
• Educational resources for would-be entrepreneurs
• Training with renowned speakers to address soft skills desired by employers
• A platform to network and gain mentorship from industry professionals
• 100 young people to finish the course
• 40% of the participants can enter the job market or start their own business this document.
World Merit Malaysia