Global Action Impact Accelerator (GAIA).
A global youth movement that works directly with the United Nations to achieve their 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
What is GAIA?
GAIA is World Merit’s premier accelerator providing World Merit Councils with the training, coaching and mentorship they need to supercharge their impact.
In GAIA’s 3 month program, world-class resources deliver critical skills trainings, leadership coaching and social enterprise mentorship to today’s leading, frontline changemakers.
GAIA kicks off with our first cohort of 50 leaders from five councils on January 4th, 2021.
What are World Merit Councils?
Our global network of independent, youth-led organizations for social and environmental activists and activism. They operate within youth communities in over 30 countries to create effective, and local impact.
What is World Merit?
World Merit is a global organization that empowers, equips, and connects millions of youth changemakers. Together we are creating a world beyond beliefs and borders.
GAIA's Three Core Elements
CRITICAL SKILLS TRAINING
Action-based, expert workshops for the department leads in Media, Communications & Storytelling, Partnership Building, Fundraising, Community Engagement
- – Monthly critical skills training
- – Skills acceleration session
SOCIAL ENTERPRISE MENTORSHIP
One-on-one, practitioner mentorship in social enterprise for council presidents:
- – Monthly 1 hour mentor meeting
- – Create and enact your GAIA action plan
- – Learn from other council presidents
Expert Training Workshops for whole cohort in three leadership styles with Coaching Sessions:
- – Each month the whole cohort will participate in a webinar on one of our core leadership styles Systemic Leadership, Conscious Leadership, & Participatory Leadership
- – Peer-support group for individualized GAIA Leadership Action Plan